Fat white king salmon earns Homer angler $53,000
Ron Johnson's 25.65-pound fish was just big enough to edge Gino Del Frate and earn him a yummy dinner and fat winner's check. He was back out on the water Tuesday, trolling for
‘I’m in no hurry to leave’ Abbott says, after Pyne tape leaked
TONY Abbott has no plans to leave politics any time soon, he said on Tuesday, because Australia needs strong conservative voices and less compromise from government.
Japan's regional universities innovate to survive amid depopulation, Tokyo draw
One day in mid-May, Benjamin Peters, vice president of a university in Miyazaki Prefecture, asked some students in English to explain the differences in th
McCarthy to be sentenced to life after guilty verdict in Baby Doe trial
Michael P. McCarthy, a longtime junkie and the church-raised son of a Quincy plumber, was convicted yesterday of second-degree murder in the gruesome death of 2-year-old Bella
Homer launches halibut derby, hopeful of a return to hefty winners
Anglers fishing aboard Homer charter boats face a number of restrictions — including an annual limit of four halibut.
Montgomery strong, Chapman ends rally and Yanks top ChiSox
CHICAGO (AP) — Jordan Montgomery matched his season high with seven solid innings and closer Aroldis Chapman shut down a ninth-inning rally just in time, lifting the New York
Judge in Stanford swimmer sexual assault case faces recall campaign
A group of activists filed paperwork Monday to launch a recall election against a Santa Clara County judge who was criticized for his light sentence in the Brock Turner case.
7 questions about the Takata air bag recall
Now that the Japanese company has filed for bankruptcy, owners of the affected vehicles have yet another concern
'Like bombs': Bankrupt company's air bags still out there
Takata's lethally defective air bags proved to be the company's undoing Monday. But it could take years to get the dangerous devices off the road in the U.S.
Activists kick off recall of Judge Aaron Persky in Brock Turner case
Activists in Northern California launched a campaign to recall a judge for what they say is a pattern of lenient sentences for sex crime convictions, including the punishment in
- Fort Mill prostitution sting near NC state line nets multiple arrests
- ‘Tundra be dammed’: Beavers head north, leaving their mark on the Arctic
- When unpaid student loan bills mean you can’t work
- A dying veteran in Atlanta needed CPR. Hidden video shows his nurse laughing instead.
- Thousands flock to Detroit for Father Solanus Casey beatification Mass
- Volleyball: Owls' season ends in 3A final loss to Northern-Calvert
- With 'so many hits,' Janet Jackson delivers pop, R&B excellence at Royal Farms Arena
- Police to clear crime scene of detective's killing in West Baltimore on Monday
- Why our passion for the great Ashes rivalry hasn't gone cold
- Boy 14, among 3 shot on Northwest, West sides Sunday
- More flights mean busy holiday week at Tucson airport
- Robert Mugabe, Zimbabwe's president for 37 years, resigning, official says
- Mel Tillis, Country Music Hall of Famer, dies at 85
- After another apology, Bill O'Neill says those wishing to return his donations should refund him
- Browns pre-game buzz on Peyton Manning, Haslams' meeting with players, Leonard Fournette and more
- Rabalais: LSU's wet, ugly victory over Tennessee felt a lot more like fight for survival
- Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette Area People in Business for Nov. 19, 2017
- The Latest: Drivers give Dale Jr. lengthy standing ovation
- Country music legend Mel Tillis dead at age 85