World's oldest gorilla fossil challenges evolutionary beliefs
The world's oldest gorilla fossil has been found in Ethiopia, defying earlier assumptions about ape and human evolution, scientists at the National Museum of Ethiopia announced
WSU Cougars get commitment from Texas safety Gatlin Grisso
WSU gets a commitment from a Texas free safety who has played all three phases of the game
London's fire symptomatic of larger safety issues globally, experts warn
Fire-safety experts say governments and builders around the world should take notice of the Grenfell Tower fire because it is just the latest in a string of deadly blazes that
Former Ravens safety Will Hill finds a home — in the CFL
He's making plays for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
Energy industry contractors see hope in rising Alaska rig count, new prospects
Companies that service the oil and gas industry have weathered a sharp downturn amid low oil prices.
Governor touts U.S.-China deal as helping Alaska LNG, but analysts are doubtful
A recent U.S.-China trade deal could give comfort to Chinese companies thinking about investing in liquefied natural gas projects in the U.S.
CH2M Hill subsidiary to cut 147 jobs after losing North Slope contract
A North Slope contract that is changing hands has some worrying that too many of the new jobs will go to non-Alaska residents.
Quarterly Alaska earnings improve to $99M for ConocoPhillips
ConocoPhillips, like Alaska’s other major oil producers, said higher oil prices have boosted its global income.
Cook Inlet gas producer in bankruptcy court offers to sell producing wells, other assets
Aurora Gas was created in 1999 to capitalize on gas fields overlooked by big companies. But amid a downturn in the industry that has hurt investment, the company is looking to sell
Alaska borough governments depend much more on state money now than a decade ago
As aid from the state drops, local governments will likely need to adapt, according to a new study.
- Fort Mill prostitution sting near NC state line nets multiple arrests
- ‘Tundra be dammed’: Beavers head north, leaving their mark on the Arctic
- When unpaid student loan bills mean you can’t work
- A dying veteran in Atlanta needed CPR. Hidden video shows his nurse laughing instead.
- Thousands flock to Detroit for Father Solanus Casey beatification Mass
- Volleyball: Owls' season ends in 3A final loss to Northern-Calvert
- With 'so many hits,' Janet Jackson delivers pop, R&B excellence at Royal Farms Arena
- Police to clear crime scene of detective's killing in West Baltimore on Monday
- Why our passion for the great Ashes rivalry hasn't gone cold
- Boy 14, among 3 shot on Northwest, West sides Sunday
- More flights mean busy holiday week at Tucson airport
- Robert Mugabe, Zimbabwe's president for 37 years, resigning, official says
- Mel Tillis, Country Music Hall of Famer, dies at 85
- After another apology, Bill O'Neill says those wishing to return his donations should refund him
- Browns pre-game buzz on Peyton Manning, Haslams' meeting with players, Leonard Fournette and more
- Rabalais: LSU's wet, ugly victory over Tennessee felt a lot more like fight for survival
- Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette Area People in Business for Nov. 19, 2017
- The Latest: Drivers give Dale Jr. lengthy standing ovation
- Country music legend Mel Tillis dead at age 85