Voters signal Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson's long record, love of the city may no longer be enough: Brent Larkin
Mayor Jackson's first-place primary finish sent him into the Nov. 7 runoff against veteran Councilman Zack Reed, who won just under 22 percent of the vote. Jackson doesn't respect
Area teams well represented in AP statewide prep football media polls
Charlotte Observer-area football teams are well represented in the latest statewide Associated Press prep football polls. Eleven media members, including the Observer voted.
Amazon no longer sells the Fire TV
Amazon has stopped selling the Fire TV amid rumors it's planning to introduce new devices. The dedicated landing page for the Fire TV says it's "currently unavailable" with no date
With no word from Keys after Irma, worried relatives turn to social media
Many are frustrated because cell phone and internet communications have been cut off on the island chain after Hurricane Irma.
J.J. Watt sets completion date for fundraising portion of relief effort
J.J. Watt's Harvey relief fund, which has raised more than $32 million, will come to an end Friday September 15.
The Latest: Number of nursing home deaths increases to 8
MIAMI (AP) - The Latest on Hurricane Irma (all times local): 4:45 p.m. The number of deaths at a nursing home in Florida in connection with Hurricane Irma has risen to
Donald Trump did more for bipartisanship than Obama, says White House
President Trump’s recent outreach to Democrats is what voters want and why they elected him, the White House said Wednesday, crediting him with doing more to forge bipartisanship
Senators roll out competing health plans: GOP unveil long-shot effort, Sanders pitches universal government-run coverage
Some Democratic leaders are stopping short of supporting Sen. Bernie Sanders plan for single-payer health care.
Hurricane Irma-inspired makeup angers the internet
Makeup artist Kali Harlow posted the photo of her Irma-inspired eye on Saturday right when the storm was hitting Florida.
Republicans unveil long-shot effort on health care
WASHINGTON (AP) - Senators on Wednesday rolled out competing plans for the nation's health care system, with a group of GOP senators making a last, long-shot effort to undo Barack
- Murder suspect on the run for nearly 2 months found hiding in Bessemer attic
- Cold War returns as Denmark builds giant tower to spy on Russia
- Chicago cop faces discipline for insensitive, threatening posts on Facebook
- Tourbillon Capital, a $3.4 billion hedge fund that's been sounding the alarm about 'frothy speculation,' is suffering big losses
- 'The Man Who Invented Christmas' brings welcome holiday cheer
- Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp brings the series’s leisurely charm to smartphones
- The best streaming shows to binge-watch this Thanksgiving
- This robot can help keep pig hearts beating by gently squeezing them
- Are Parent-Teacher Conferences Becoming Obsolete?
- Network Neutrality Can't Fix the Internet
- As Trump Bragged About His Wine, It Was Sold at Shenandoah National Park
- Things Trump has called “very special”: Himself, Derek Jeter and now women
- A win by Roy Moore would make the GOP the party of pedophiles, "Morning Joe" panelists say
- North Korea sees Manhattan, White House and Pentagon as its top nuclear targets, new report shows
- Hackers are infiltrating ISIS media channels and filling them with porn
- If Angela Merkel resigns, who will stand up to Putin?
- Why is Trump backing Saudi’s murderous attacks on Yemen?
- Can the Cowboys keep their season alive on Thanksgiving?
- Tiger Woods is "pain free" and could be back playing as early as next week
- 7 facts you didn't know about 'A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving'