Secret U.S. deal with ISIS let thousands of fighters flee Raqqa
The convoy included foreign fighters and militants who made their way to other areas of Syria and Turkey.
A very good year? Scientists find world's oldest wine
The oldest evidence of winemaking to date has been found at an archeological site in Georgia from the end of the Stone Age excavated by Georgian and Canadian researchers.
Fossil fuel emissions to reach an all-time high in 2017, scientists say
Global carbon dioxide emissions are projected to rise again in 2017, a major disappointment for those who hoped gas emissions had at last peaked.
Winter storm warning issued for Fairbanks area, much of northern Alaska
A coastal flooding warning is also in effect for several communities.
What Wilcox County can learn from the allegations against Roy Moore
"Well, I for one completely underestimated Roy Moore."
Job outlook improves, but many still fear falling behind
How you see the economy is impacted deeply by your place in it.
Only a scientist would notice this ‘unforgivable’ flaw in ‘Stranger Things’
A curator at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences has pointed out a science flaw in ‘Stranger Things 2.’
Yale professors race Google and IBM to the first quantum computer
The machine would use the seemingly magical principles of quantum mechanics to solve problems that today's computers never could.
Pompeii: The Exhibition at Arizona Science Center features over 200 artifacts, opens Nov. 18
The exhibition features 200 artifacts from the ancient city, as well as a 4D recreation of the explosion and body casts of some of the victims.
Rise in teen suicide connected to social media popularity: study
CHICAGO — An increase in suicide rates among U.S. teens occurred at the same time social media use surged and a new analysis suggests there may be a link. Suicide rates for teens
- Murder suspect on the run for nearly 2 months found hiding in Bessemer attic
- Chicago cop faces discipline for insensitive, threatening posts on Facebook
- Cold War returns as Denmark builds giant tower to spy on Russia
- Hugging your uncle at Thanksgiving dinner? Girl Scouts say, ‘Stop it!’
- 'The Man Who Invented Christmas' brings welcome holiday cheer
- If Mitch Trubisky ruins the Bears' draft position, that's a good thing
- BROWN: Firm urges new license plates to replace ‘ugly, illegible mess’
- Pro-Roy Moore group fundraises off Trump's near endorsement
- 'Irving Berlin's White Christmas' a spirit-raising dance-athon
- Shawn Wayans brings his standup act back to Improv in Schaumburg
- Holiday Show Guide: Scrooges, Nutcrackers, Taylor Swift and more
- The beet goes on: understanding the benefits of this root vegetable
- Re-imagining a tradition
- 'Like a big gumbo': Immigrant communities in New Orleans reflect on their Thanksgiving traditions
- Dan Fagan: JPSO's failure to react to slain Marrero woman's screams defies all reason
- Let's Dish: Bouillababes show us how they make green curry shrimp and coconut corn grits
- Movie review: Predictable 'Roman' wastes Denzel Washington
- Album reviews: Exploring the latest soulful showcases from Sharon Jones, Mavis Staples
- Throwing away trash, recycling products about to become more expensive in Baton Rouge
- Naked man accused of carjacking in Baton Rouge motel parking lot, police say