Cook Inlet oil producer delays planned exploration until tax dust settles
Cook Inlet Energy has delayed for a year plans to hunt for oil and gas at a new prospect. The company has blamed legislative uncertainty over oil taxes.
Former Seattle Times reporter Craig Smith among Class of 2017 inductees for WIAA Hall of Fame
Legendary coaches Sid Otton, Al Hairston, Don Freeman, and Cheryl (Byers) Schauble; pioneer Duke Washington and administrators Ron Jones and Dele Gunnerson will also be inducted.
Calgary Flames officially welcome new players Mike Smith and Travis Hamonic Monday
A high-priced defenceman and high-mileage goaltender donned the flaming 'C' in Calgary on Monday.
Jeffrey B. Smith Sr., retired Baltimore trial attorney, dies
Jeffrey B. Smith, 90, a retired Baltimore trial attorney and a former partner of the old law firm of Smith, Somerville and Case, died June 17 from Alzhemier's disease at the
Ahtna challenges $380,000 fine over safety at Glennallen gas well
The Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission has fined a Native corporation $380,000 for safety violations at a natural gas well drilled near Glennallen. The company is
Energy industry contractors see hope in rising Alaska rig count, new prospects
Companies that service the oil and gas industry have weathered a sharp downturn amid low oil prices.
Governor touts U.S.-China deal as helping Alaska LNG, but analysts are doubtful
A recent U.S.-China trade deal could give comfort to Chinese companies thinking about investing in liquefied natural gas projects in the U.S.
CH2M Hill subsidiary to cut 147 jobs after losing North Slope contract
A North Slope contract that is changing hands has some worrying that too many of the new jobs will go to non-Alaska residents.
Quarterly Alaska earnings improve to $99M for ConocoPhillips
ConocoPhillips, like Alaska’s other major oil producers, said higher oil prices have boosted its global income.
Cook Inlet gas producer in bankruptcy court offers to sell producing wells, other assets
Aurora Gas was created in 1999 to capitalize on gas fields overlooked by big companies. But amid a downturn in the industry that has hurt investment, the company is looking to sell
- Heavy police presence remains at scene where Baltimore detective was shot
- Jamie Costello's Facebook post about Baltimore crime attracts attention
- The House just passed its big tax bill. Here's what is in it and what deductions vanish.
- House passes tax plan, advancing big cuts for corporations
- Slain Baltimore Police detective was 18-year veteran of department
- Man’s best friend brings love, might help you live longer
- On Hawaii's Molokai island, an 1860s leper colony draws determined travelers
- Sylvester Stallone accused of 1986 sexual assault on 16-year-old fan, denies allegations
- 'Annie' at Walnut Theatre: No leapin' lizards here
- Siemens cuts 6,900 energy-related jobs, including 1,800 in the U.S.
- Eagles benefit, this time, from NFL's unofficial criminal justice system
- Sports Tonight: Thunder not taking NBA by storm
- Why Hickenlooper wants to give some charter schools $5.5 million
- Broncos Q&A: Jamal Carter on the rise of “The U” and life as an undrafted rookie
- Denver suspends attempt to purchase Park Hill Golf Course after trust that owns it faces “unresolved lease issue”
- Denver forecast: Blustery wind and rain turning to snow, winter storm warning for mountains
- Michigan State vs. Maryland: View from other side
- Detroit News predictions: Michigan State vs. Maryland
- FCC just repealed decades-old rules blocking broadcast media mergers
- UAA’s immigration debate restores faith in young citizens