Pentagon blames glitch for last week’s use of Gitmo war court kill switch
Pentagon official attributes to a computer glitch a USS Cole case episode when somebody mistakenly silenced the war court feed to the public, and said the problem is being fixed.
Strongsville bans growing, selling of medical marijuana
Strongsville City Council has unanimously passed an ordinance that will ban the growing, processing and selling of medical marijuana in town.
Deal bans trap in Colorado, agency says it's not used anyway
An agreement approved Monday between U.S. officials and environmentalists would ban the use of predator-killing cyanide traps on Colorado public lands, but a government agency said
Teenage pot and alcohol use can reduce success later in life, according to study
HARTFORD, Conn. — Teens who use a lot of marijuana and alcohol are less likely to have a full-time job when they grow up, or to get a college education or get married, according to
Nigerian Ph.D. student wins $100K environmental prize
One sunny day last week, Cornelius Adewale bent down at the end of a row of Italian parsley growing on the University of Washington's urban farm and gathered a handful of dirt.
Four fresh shops for Adams County health nuts
See if your favorite farmer’s market, vitamin shop, gym and more made the list.
I Eat La.: For the bake sale, it's sugar and spice and everything nice
Each year, our church holds a bake sale at its fair. This year, I'm all about sugar and spice, which, of course, makes everything nice.
I Eat La.: Recipes for Pumpkin Snickerdoodles, Cane Syrup Ginger Cookies
Investment firm fined for failing to keep close tabs on broker
The Texas State Securities Board fined an investment firm operating in The Woodlands $15,000 for failing to properly supervise one of its investment advisers.
New Zealand aims to go green with electricity, tree planting
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) - New Zealand's incoming government is hoping to make the nation greener by planting 100 million trees each year, ensuring the electricity grid runs
- Dear Abby: Boyfriend in his 20s lacks driver's license
- Why wasn’t cult leader Charles Manson executed after being given the death sentence?
- California lawmakers upset that wildfire money is left out of White House’s disaster aid request
- Josh Mandel's strange Jewish journey to Trumpland from suburban Cleveland
- John Harbaugh said Ravens' prayers were answered on C.J. Mosley's ankle scare
- Look beyond the Akubra: farming isn't quaint, it's a hot bed of innovation
- Touched by an Angel star Della Reese dies aged 86
- Sacked Bulldogs coach Des Hasler sues club for contract breach
- Police: 1 man killed in Palos Heights shooting
- Trump ending temporary permits for almost 60,000 Haitians who came to U.S. after 2010 earthquake
- Federal judge permanently blocks Trump's executive order to cut funding to sanctuary cities
- Serena Williams and Alexis Ohanian's intimate wedding
- American Airlines to offer nonstop between Tucson and Charlotte, N.C.
- Conservative blogger: It's time to stop the abusers of power
- Not so fast on legalizing weed, says N.J. senate leader of black caucus
- Part of hotel evacuated after man threatened with a handgun
- Murphy weighs in on minimum wage and millionaire's tax
- Alabama's Jordan Fisher dazzles, makes top 3 on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- How do you cook a turkey? Turkey hotlines, thawing times, Thanksgiving advice and more
- TBT #17: 'Judas' #1 astounds with storytelling, beauty