GOP bill aimed at overhauling taxes to get Trump push
As Republicans stake their claim to middle-class rescue in tax cut legislation deemed to carry tax hikes for millions, President Donald Trump plans an in-person appeal to lawmakers
Bipartisan analysis: Senate bill would hike taxes for 13.8M
Promoted as needed relief for the middle class, the Senate Republican tax overhaul actually would increase taxes for some 13.8 million moderate-income American households, a
Honoring his honor, former mayor Bill Veroneau, as a family man
Praised both as a diplomatic mayor during five terms in Concord and as a single dad of seven children at a time when the courts rarely gave divorced men custody, Bill Veroneau drew
David Johnson injury update: Cardinals running back has cast removed
Injured Cardinals running back David Johnson had the cast removed from his left wrist on Monday.
The little-known Aussie musos Elton John is listening to
Whenever he's in Australia, Sir Elton John likes to peruse the aisles of his favourite record shops looking for new local musicians.
Religious exemptions on same-sex marriage are a backward step
Religious exemptions are the exact kind of discrimination we're trying to get rid of with marriage equality.
Same sex-marriage debate 'much cleaner' in Australia's most conservative electorate
Despite it being Australia's least likely electorate to vote yes, residents of Queensland's Maranoa say the country values and morals have made it a much cleaner debate than in the
Birmingham slaps down conservative colleagues over same-sex marriage
A Cabinet minister rounds on conservative colleagues cooking up an alternative same-sex marriage bill.
Conservatives' same-sex marriage bill aims to protect religious freedoms
Conservatives are set to back their own bill ahead of the same-sex marriage postal survey result.
Turns out Australians aren't too lazy to fill out optional same-sex marriage survey
Three-quarters of voters have sent back their same-sex marriage survey form, making a lie of warnings Australians are so used to compulsory voting they would be too lazy to fill in
- Dear Abby: Boyfriend in his 20s lacks driver's license
- Why wasn’t cult leader Charles Manson executed after being given the death sentence?
- California lawmakers upset that wildfire money is left out of White House’s disaster aid request
- Josh Mandel's strange Jewish journey to Trumpland from suburban Cleveland
- John Harbaugh said Ravens' prayers were answered on C.J. Mosley's ankle scare
- Look beyond the Akubra: farming isn't quaint, it's a hot bed of innovation
- Touched by an Angel star Della Reese dies aged 86
- Sacked Bulldogs coach Des Hasler sues club for contract breach
- Police: 1 man killed in Palos Heights shooting
- Trump ending temporary permits for almost 60,000 Haitians who came to U.S. after 2010 earthquake
- Federal judge permanently blocks Trump's executive order to cut funding to sanctuary cities
- Serena Williams and Alexis Ohanian's intimate wedding
- American Airlines to offer nonstop between Tucson and Charlotte, N.C.
- Conservative blogger: It's time to stop the abusers of power
- Not so fast on legalizing weed, says N.J. senate leader of black caucus
- Part of hotel evacuated after man threatened with a handgun
- Murphy weighs in on minimum wage and millionaire's tax
- Alabama's Jordan Fisher dazzles, makes top 3 on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- How do you cook a turkey? Turkey hotlines, thawing times, Thanksgiving advice and more
- TBT #17: 'Judas' #1 astounds with storytelling, beauty