Editorial: What Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan must do in his second term
Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan must bring improvements to Detroit residents who've waited too long already.
Sweet! Detroit to open its 1st cookie dough cafe
With peanut butter, chocolate chip and more, a cookie dough cafe is coming to town and it plans to help a neighborhood, too
Andre Drummond's evolution as a playmaker ignites Detroit Pistons
Andre Drummond’s evolution as a playmaker – he has five games of four assists or more – is a key factor in the Detroit Pistons’ 7-3 start.
Road-tested Red Wings feeling bullish after two wins out West
Players are keeping a lid on getting overly enthused, though, remembering the team's record same (8-7-1, 17 points) through 16 games last season.
School proposals: Madison bond fails; victories elsewhere in Metro Detroit
More than a dozen school districts in Macomb, Oakland and Wayne counties had proposals on Tuesday's ballot.
Miami elects a new mayor. His name is Francis Suarez.
Miami voters overwhelmingly elected Commissioner Francis Suarez as their new mayor Tuesday, choosing him to replace outgoing Mayor Tomás Regalado.
Did Maricopa County elections boss Fontes flub voting place rule?
Maricopa County Recorder Adrian Fontes' mistake on Election Day appears to be against the law, but "not a big deal," an election attorney says.
The CMS board will see three new faces, but maybe not much change
Incumbents and candidates endorsed by departing board members won six Charlotte-Mecklenburg school board seats.
Will Liberia’s new president prosecute General Butt Naked and the country’s other ex-warlords?
General Butt Naked sacrificed children and oversaw the killing of 20,000 people. Two decades later, he remains a free man.
Keno question under the radar on Election Day in Concord
Concord polling moderators say they haven’t heard a peep about the city’s contested elections or the tax rate, just a few comments about the city’s referendum question on keno
- Dear Abby: Boyfriend in his 20s lacks driver's license
- Why wasn’t cult leader Charles Manson executed after being given the death sentence?
- California lawmakers upset that wildfire money is left out of White House’s disaster aid request
- Josh Mandel's strange Jewish journey to Trumpland from suburban Cleveland
- John Harbaugh said Ravens' prayers were answered on C.J. Mosley's ankle scare
- Look beyond the Akubra: farming isn't quaint, it's a hot bed of innovation
- Touched by an Angel star Della Reese dies aged 86
- Sacked Bulldogs coach Des Hasler sues club for contract breach
- Police: 1 man killed in Palos Heights shooting
- Trump ending temporary permits for almost 60,000 Haitians who came to U.S. after 2010 earthquake
- Federal judge permanently blocks Trump's executive order to cut funding to sanctuary cities
- Serena Williams and Alexis Ohanian's intimate wedding
- American Airlines to offer nonstop between Tucson and Charlotte, N.C.
- Conservative blogger: It's time to stop the abusers of power
- Not so fast on legalizing weed, says N.J. senate leader of black caucus
- Part of hotel evacuated after man threatened with a handgun
- Murphy weighs in on minimum wage and millionaire's tax
- Alabama's Jordan Fisher dazzles, makes top 3 on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- How do you cook a turkey? Turkey hotlines, thawing times, Thanksgiving advice and more
- TBT #17: 'Judas' #1 astounds with storytelling, beauty