Opening ANWR to oil drilling is priority in Trump's proposed budget
The president's budget estimates the federal government could make $1.8 billion over the next decade from drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
CH2M Hill subsidiary to cut 147 jobs after losing North Slope contract
A North Slope contract that is changing hands has some worrying that too many of the new jobs will go to non-Alaska residents.
Alaska’s dark mirror in the Russian Far East shows our luck, their tragedy
For a brief, exciting time, eastern Russia and Alaska were closely linked. Then life in Alaska got better and life in Russia much, much worse.
China won’t – and can’t – solve North Korea
Nothing short of war will get the Kim regime to give up its nukes.
Interior secretary vows to reinvigorate Alaska oil industry
Ryan Zinke told an Alaska oil industry group's annual conference that Trump's administration will make it easier to develop new projects in the state.
Interior Secretary Zinke will make Alaska stops from Arctic to Anchorage
Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke is traveling in the Arctic with Sen. Lisa Murkowski and then spending several days starting Saturday seeing the sights in Alaska.
'Afraid to have children': Climate scientists reveal their fears for the future
Some are scared to have children, others are planning to leave the country. Top climate scientists speak about their biggest fears for the future.
It's 'open season' for those interested in buying or selling gas as part of Alaska LNG project
The effort will help the state gas line corporation determine how it might build the $43 billion Alaska LNG project in phases.
Caelus delays drilling at Smith Bay, leaving a big Alaska energy prospect unconfirmed
The company cited low oil prices, uncertainty over taxes and the state's unpaid tax credits as factors in its decision.
Ahtna challenges $380,000 fine over safety at Glennallen gas well
The Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission has fined a Native corporation $380,000 for safety violations at a natural gas well drilled near Glennallen. The company is
- Fort Mill prostitution sting near NC state line nets multiple arrests
- ‘Tundra be dammed’: Beavers head north, leaving their mark on the Arctic
- When unpaid student loan bills mean you can’t work
- A dying veteran in Atlanta needed CPR. Hidden video shows his nurse laughing instead.
- Thousands flock to Detroit for Father Solanus Casey beatification Mass
- Volleyball: Owls' season ends in 3A final loss to Northern-Calvert
- With 'so many hits,' Janet Jackson delivers pop, R&B excellence at Royal Farms Arena
- Police to clear crime scene of detective's killing in West Baltimore on Monday
- Why our passion for the great Ashes rivalry hasn't gone cold
- Boy 14, among 3 shot on Northwest, West sides Sunday
- More flights mean busy holiday week at Tucson airport
- Robert Mugabe, Zimbabwe's president for 37 years, resigning, official says
- Mel Tillis, Country Music Hall of Famer, dies at 85
- After another apology, Bill O'Neill says those wishing to return his donations should refund him
- Browns pre-game buzz on Peyton Manning, Haslams' meeting with players, Leonard Fournette and more
- Rabalais: LSU's wet, ugly victory over Tennessee felt a lot more like fight for survival
- Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette Area People in Business for Nov. 19, 2017
- The Latest: Drivers give Dale Jr. lengthy standing ovation
- Country music legend Mel Tillis dead at age 85