New arrivals used as 'enforcers' at Brisbane youth detention centre: report
Youth detainees have allegedly been used as enforcers by staff to intimidate other troublesome young people at the Brisbane Youth Detention Centre, a new report finds.
First Read's Morning Clips: McCain's Surgery Delays Health Care Vote
A roundup of the most important political news stories of the day
Monday's Morning Email: Obamacare Repeal Still Alive
The GOP dream is still alive...if barely.
San Francisco's summer fog as you've never seen it before
The time-lapse video of Karl moving in and out of the Golden Gate was taken with the NOAA's new GOES 16 satellite that was launched into space in November and began producing
Winnetka looks at possible Elm Street TIF district
Winnetka trustees on July 11 told village staff to work with consulting firm Ehlers and Associates, Inc., to create a tax increment finance, or TIF, district for their Elm Street
Gutwein has one option
IT IS difficult to know what evidence aldermen for the Glenorchy City Council can present to Local Government Minister Peter Gutwein in the next 14 days that will in any way, shape
Canada’s premiers, Indigenous leaders gather in Edmonton for summer meeting
The Council of the Federation will meet in Edmonton this week, where incoming chair Premier Rachel Notley said trade with the U.S. will be a hot topic.
King Solomon's Mind: Mocking Rockets' July celebration riles up fans
Mocking Rockets' July celebration riles up fans. Rico Rodriguez, who plays Manny on "Modern Family," drove all the way in from College Station for the event on Friday. At least
New townhouses and a mega-development near uptown are on tap Monday in Charlotte
Charlotte City Council is set to consider several redevelopment proposals at Monday’s rezoning meeting, including new townhouses is popular areas and the biggest reuse of former
Brisbane commuters warned of delays ahead of bus driver strike
Early-morning commuters in Brisbane are being told to plan for major delays with more than 400 bus drivers striking over the next two days.
- Murder suspect on the run for nearly 2 months found hiding in Bessemer attic
- Chicago cop faces discipline for insensitive, threatening posts on Facebook
- Cold War returns as Denmark builds giant tower to spy on Russia
- Tourbillon Capital, a $3.4 billion hedge fund that's been sounding the alarm about 'frothy speculation,' is suffering big losses
- 'The Man Who Invented Christmas' brings welcome holiday cheer
- I’m thankful for Dale Jr., Duke-UNC hoops, Dabo, Mighty Dog Daisy and ...
- Geek out over these pop-culture-oriented holiday gift ideas
- Last-minute grocery shopping on Thanksgiving? Check to see if your store is open
- Zimbabwe's incoming leader returns home to cheers
- How this family is helping its kids cope with famed NFL coach’s Alzheimer’s
- Light-rail commuters will get good news in 2018: Trains will run more frequently.
- FCC seeks to undo Obama net neutrality standards
- Chris Matthews admires RFK’s spirit
- ‘Man Who Invented Christmas’ a gift for Dickens fans
- Patriots notebook: Robert Kraft thankful for team's recent run
- Could Ian Kinsler be in the mix for job with Red Sox?
- Troopers’ attorney demands DA’s office keep all communications
- Victim and three others were ambushed in Niger
- Democrats face hot-potato politics of sexual predation, too
- No big deal, Boston Dynamics’ Atlas can perform backflips now