The Academy invites 774 new members, from Justin Timberlake to Betty White
The list shows an effort to increase diversity among Oscar voters.
Ryu seeks 2nd straight LPGA major to confirm new No. 1 perch
So Yeon Ryu wants to halt what has resembled a game of musical chairs on the LPGA Tour this season.
Mystery Man No More! 5 Things to Know About Rihanna's New Beau
Singer spotted kissing the Saudi businessman in Spain
Powerful young female characters are the new action heroes
From the murderous Laura in Logan to the mysterious Eleven in Stranger Things to the audacious determination of Mija in Okja, opening Wednesday, powerful young girls are starring
A teen YouTuber shot and killed her boyfriend in a video stunt
An aspiring YouTube star’s boyfriend was killed after she shot him in the chest in a video stunt gone wrong, according to a criminal complaint.
FBI agent charged with lying about fatal Oregon refuge shooting
The agent is accused of firing shots during the showdown in which anti-government rancher Robert LaVoy Finicum was killed but denying it to investigators.
Lawmaker blames Utah wildfire on environmentalists
A Republican state lawmaker blamed federal mismanagement and lawsuits by "tree hugger" environmentalists for the blaze.
The chances of Illinois residents scoring lottery wins just got slimmer
Illinois is suspending the sales of Powerball and Mega Millions tickets amid a budget impasse.
Motion Picture Academy invites largest class ever in diversity push
The Academy of Motion Pictures and Sciences continued its push to diversify by adding 774 new names to its ranks — it’s largest class of new members ever.
Hunt wins Broncos halves battle
THE battle for Brisbane’s No. 7 jumper looks to have been won by Ben Hunt ahead of Friday night’s blockbuster NRL clash against the Melbourne Storm at Suncorp Stadium.
- Heavy police presence remains at scene where Baltimore detective was shot
- Jamie Costello's Facebook post about Baltimore crime attracts attention
- The House just passed its big tax bill. Here's what is in it and what deductions vanish.
- House passes tax plan, advancing big cuts for corporations
- Slain Baltimore Police detective was 18-year veteran of department
- Northern Pass didn’t consult Concord officials on butterfly mitigation plan
- Daughters tell of harsh discipline in the case of a Waggaman man accused of beating son to death
- Man stabbed multiple times with box cutter after stopping at Algiers gas station, NOPD says
- The storyteller: Ramblin' Jack Elliott returns to Baton Rouge for intimate Sunday show
- Report: Video shows alleged domestic incident involving former LSU receiver Jarvis Landry
- Louisiana nonfarm employment rises slightly, led by growth in construction
- The Latest: Truex's team owner will be cheering from afar
- Man’s best friend brings love, might help you live longer
- On Hawaii's Molokai island, an 1860s leper colony draws determined travelers
- Sylvester Stallone accused of 1986 sexual assault on 16-year-old fan, denies allegations
- 'Annie' at Walnut Theatre: No leapin' lizards here
- Siemens cuts 6,900 energy-related jobs, including 1,800 in the U.S.
- Eagles benefit, this time, from NFL's unofficial criminal justice system
- Sports Tonight: Thunder not taking NBA by storm
- Why Hickenlooper wants to give some charter schools $5.5 million