The Bobbit worm was named after Lorena Bobbit due to its gruesome hunting skills
The foreboding creature has an equally foreboding namesake.
N.J. animal shelter 'totally out of control' after gruesome violations, critics say
Jill Van Tuyl, assistant director for Associated Humane Societies, said the violations were unacceptable and staff was doing everything to correct ongoing problems
A Philadelphia man is facing charges after admitting to the gruesome murder of his girlfriend
Christopher Tucker told police that he strangled Tara Serino and beat her with a hatchet to make sure she was dead.
Authorities review gruesome video of small-town Texas church attack
Authorities have reviewed video from inside the small-town Texas church where a gunman killed more than two dozen people, a U.S. official said Wednesday.
Bleak warning from thousands of scientists
Twenty-five years ago, 1,700 of the world’s leading scientists issued a grim “warning to humanity.” They explained that human activities were doing serious, irreversible damage on
What Wilcox County can learn from the allegations against Roy Moore
"Well, I for one completely underestimated Roy Moore."
Children of any age can hunt in Wisconsin under new law
Children of any age can hunt in Wisconsin, after Gov. Scott Walker signed a bill that eliminates the state’s minimum age.
Job outlook improves, but many still fear falling behind
How you see the economy is impacted deeply by your place in it.
Rise in teen suicide connected to social media popularity: study
CHICAGO — An increase in suicide rates among U.S. teens occurred at the same time social media use surged and a new analysis suggests there may be a link. Suicide rates for teens
Metro Denver living costs lower than in California, but not a bargain
Metro Denver ranked in the 41st percentile out of the 100 larger metro areas studied for discretionary income, or just under the middle of the pack. But among larger Western
- Murder suspect on the run for nearly 2 months found hiding in Bessemer attic
- Chicago cop faces discipline for insensitive, threatening posts on Facebook
- Cold War returns as Denmark builds giant tower to spy on Russia
- Hugging your uncle at Thanksgiving dinner? Girl Scouts say, ‘Stop it!’
- 'The Man Who Invented Christmas' brings welcome holiday cheer
- Radio talk-show host Munch Bishop to have beer named after him
- Woman says unknown person signed her up for opiate addiction program: Mayfield Village Police Blotter
- Talk It Out: Should politicians resign if they've been accused of past sexual harassment or assault?
- ArcelorMittal awarding STEM grants to Cleveland area schools
- Hue Jackson realized Josh Gordon has a disease and he's earned 'the right to be back in this building'
- J.K. Dobbins may be Ohio State's next J.T. Barrett: Passing the Texas torch at Ohio State
- If Mitch Trubisky ruins the Bears' draft position, that's a good thing
- BROWN: Firm urges new license plates to replace ‘ugly, illegible mess’
- Pro-Roy Moore group fundraises off Trump's near endorsement
- 'Irving Berlin's White Christmas' a spirit-raising dance-athon
- Shawn Wayans brings his standup act back to Improv in Schaumburg
- Holiday Show Guide: Scrooges, Nutcrackers, Taylor Swift and more
- The beet goes on: understanding the benefits of this root vegetable
- Re-imagining a tradition
- 'Like a big gumbo': Immigrant communities in New Orleans reflect on their Thanksgiving traditions