In the place where the trans-Alaska pipeline runs farthest from roads, quiet reigns
At Gold Run Creek, the trans-Alaska pipeline is 9 miles from the nearest road as the crow flies. The stillness is noticeable.
Think you know where you’re hiking? Bring a map anyway.
Cautionary Tales: When geographic uncertainty creeps into the picture, a 20-mile loop hike in the Chugach Front Range can feel much, much longer.
The Mariners will end their postseason drought this year. Here’s why.
Yes, less than halfway into a 162-game season, I’m calling it. Seattle’s 16-year postseason drought will come to an end this fall.
What it's like to live in the world's fastest growing major economy
The growth in Asia’s third largest economy has put motorcycles, modern apartments and other middle-class dreams within reach for millions, but it is also leaving large numbers of
Alaska business-backed group spends more than $10,000 on last-minute anti-income tax television ads
Conservative business-backed group Prosperity Alaska is spending more than $10,000 on a last-minute television ad campaign against the state House's income tax proposal.
CBO: Senate GOP health care bill would leave 22 million more uninsured by 2026
The forecast issued Monday by Congress' nonpartisan budget scorekeepers also estimates the Senate measure would reduce federal spending by $321 billion by 2026.
Senate Republicans face key week as more senators waver in their support for health-care bill
Leaders hope to hold a vote this week but some key GOP senators want more time for negotiations.
Senate health bill will 'blow a hole' in Arizona budget, business leaders say
Arizona hospitals and business leaders worry the Senate health bill could harm health providers, patients and Arizona's economy.
Comedy’s ‘king and queen’ Ferrell and Poehler celebrated in The House
It is the first time the comedy legends have topped the bill of a movie together.
The feelgood rugby story of the season
A STRANDED British and Irish Lions supporter has told how a stranger’s act of kindness resulted in him bunking down at the home of All Blacks sensation Rieko Ioane and his brother
- Heavy police presence remains at scene where Baltimore detective was shot
- Jamie Costello's Facebook post about Baltimore crime attracts attention
- The House just passed its big tax bill. Here's what is in it and what deductions vanish.
- House passes tax plan, advancing big cuts for corporations
- Slain Baltimore Police detective was 18-year veteran of department
- On Hawaii's Molokai island, an 1860s leper colony draws determined travelers
- Sylvester Stallone accused of 1986 sexual assault on 16-year-old fan, denies allegations
- 'Annie' at Walnut Theatre: No leapin' lizards here
- Siemens cuts 6,900 energy-related jobs, including 1,800 in the U.S.
- Eagles benefit, this time, from NFL's unofficial criminal justice system
- Sports Tonight: Thunder not taking NBA by storm
- Why Hickenlooper wants to give some charter schools $5.5 million
- Broncos Q&A: Jamal Carter on the rise of “The U” and life as an undrafted rookie
- Denver suspends attempt to purchase Park Hill Golf Course after trust that owns it faces “unresolved lease issue”
- Denver forecast: Blustery wind and rain turning to snow, winter storm warning for mountains
- Michigan State vs. Maryland: View from other side
- Detroit News predictions: Michigan State vs. Maryland
- FCC just repealed decades-old rules blocking broadcast media mergers
- UAA’s immigration debate restores faith in young citizens
- Sometimes the best Thanksgiving dinner is one you don’t cook