Encouraging signs from White House on DACA effort
As disappointing as Trump’s DACA decision is, there is some comfort to be taken in the amount of energy that has swelled up in Congress and from the president himself to save DACA.
Joni Ernst: Donald Trump, Democrats can make a deal if Republicans direct the conversation
Sen. Joni Ernst said Tuesday she doesn’t have any issue with President Trump making deals with Democrats as long as Republicans direct the conversation.
Houston, Texas university leaders respond to DACA announcement
The Trump administration said Tuesday that it will wind down an Obama-era program providing legal status to young undocumented immigrants known as "dreamers," making good on a
Arizona business leader wants Congress to legalize DACA recipients
Glenn Hamer, of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry, said DACA recipients are "by and large productive members of our workforce."
Michael Bennet says Trump’s presidency is “a sign of how broken our political system is”
U.S. Sen. Michael Bennet said this week that Congress is in one of its most dysfunctional states in the nation’s history and, though it had problems before Donald Trump’s election,
Kid Rock, again, keeps fans in suspense about political aspirations
Kid Rock made political pronouncements during his concert in Detroit Tuesday, but still made no official announcement of a run for the U.S. Senate.
New Hampshire officials slam Kris Kobach for unfounded assertion that election was fraudulent
President Donald Trump's "election integrity" commission convened in New Hampshire amid fresh discord over an unfounded fraud assertion by its vice chairman.
Roy Moore fires back at Luther Strange, calls for 'mano a mano' debate
"I find it hypocritical that Luther Strange is now suggesting that I am the one who is ducking debates."
Bernie Sanders’ ‘Medicare for all’ gets surge of liberal Democrats’ support
High-profile liberals are rushing to back a single-payer system, signing onto the “Medicare for all” bill that Sen. Bernard Sanders will unveil Wednesday and laying the groundwork
News Roundup for August 22, 2017
The news is upon us once again. 1. Trump’s plan for Afghanistan is “We are not nation-building again. We are killing terrorists.” Surely this doesn...
- Murder suspect on the run for nearly 2 months found hiding in Bessemer attic
- Chicago cop faces discipline for insensitive, threatening posts on Facebook
- Cold War returns as Denmark builds giant tower to spy on Russia
- Tourbillon Capital, a $3.4 billion hedge fund that's been sounding the alarm about 'frothy speculation,' is suffering big losses
- 'The Man Who Invented Christmas' brings welcome holiday cheer
- Light-rail commuters will get good news in 2018: Trains will run more frequently.
- FCC seeks to undo Obama net neutrality standards
- Chris Matthews admires RFK’s spirit
- ‘Man Who Invented Christmas’ a gift for Dickens fans
- Patriots notebook: Robert Kraft thankful for team's recent run
- Could Ian Kinsler be in the mix for job with Red Sox?
- Troopers’ attorney demands DA’s office keep all communications
- Victim and three others were ambushed in Niger
- Democrats face hot-potato politics of sexual predation, too
- No big deal, Boston Dynamics’ Atlas can perform backflips now
- The Galaxy S9 will reportedly be a more iterative update and could show up at CES
- Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp brings the series’s leisurely charm to smartphones
- The best streaming shows to binge-watch this Thanksgiving
- This robot can help keep pig hearts beating by gently squeezing them
- Are Parent-Teacher Conferences Becoming Obsolete?