What it's like to live in the world's fastest growing major economy
The growth in Asia’s third largest economy has put motorcycles, modern apartments and other middle-class dreams within reach for millions, but it is also leaving large numbers of
Chelsea Manning didn’t deserve those Pride cheers
Chelsea Manning got a lively welcome at Sunday’s LGBTQ Pride event, marking the second time in a month that a New York parade featured cheering for someone who’d committed major
Here's how to test TVOS 11 on an Apple TV before it's available
For the first time, Apple is including TVOS in its public beta program.
What all those lights on your Amazon Echo mean
The light ring on your Alexa device might be showing some new colors. Here's what they all mean.
Caelus delays drilling at Smith Bay, leaving a big Alaska energy prospect unconfirmed
The company cited low oil prices, uncertainty over taxes and the state's unpaid tax credits as factors in its decision.
Ahtna challenges $380,000 fine over safety at Glennallen gas well
The Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission has fined a Native corporation $380,000 for safety violations at a natural gas well drilled near Glennallen. The company is
Energy industry contractors see hope in rising Alaska rig count, new prospects
Companies that service the oil and gas industry have weathered a sharp downturn amid low oil prices.
Governor touts U.S.-China deal as helping Alaska LNG, but analysts are doubtful
A recent U.S.-China trade deal could give comfort to Chinese companies thinking about investing in liquefied natural gas projects in the U.S.
CH2M Hill subsidiary to cut 147 jobs after losing North Slope contract
A North Slope contract that is changing hands has some worrying that too many of the new jobs will go to non-Alaska residents.
Trump administration to hold Cook Inlet oil and gas lease sale in June
In another sign of the Trump administration's efforts to support industrial activity, more than 1 million acres in Cook Inlet will go on the auction block.
- Fort Mill prostitution sting near NC state line nets multiple arrests
- ‘Tundra be dammed’: Beavers head north, leaving their mark on the Arctic
- When unpaid student loan bills mean you can’t work
- A dying veteran in Atlanta needed CPR. Hidden video shows his nurse laughing instead.
- Thousands flock to Detroit for Father Solanus Casey beatification Mass
- Volleyball: Owls' season ends in 3A final loss to Northern-Calvert
- With 'so many hits,' Janet Jackson delivers pop, R&B excellence at Royal Farms Arena
- Police to clear crime scene of detective's killing in West Baltimore on Monday
- Why our passion for the great Ashes rivalry hasn't gone cold
- Boy 14, among 3 shot on Northwest, West sides Sunday
- More flights mean busy holiday week at Tucson airport
- Robert Mugabe, Zimbabwe's president for 37 years, resigning, official says
- Mel Tillis, Country Music Hall of Famer, dies at 85
- After another apology, Bill O'Neill says those wishing to return his donations should refund him
- Browns pre-game buzz on Peyton Manning, Haslams' meeting with players, Leonard Fournette and more
- Rabalais: LSU's wet, ugly victory over Tennessee felt a lot more like fight for survival
- Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette Area People in Business for Nov. 19, 2017
- The Latest: Drivers give Dale Jr. lengthy standing ovation
- Country music legend Mel Tillis dead at age 85