Detroit kids’ lead poisoning rates higher than Flint
City’s rate up from 7.5 percent in 2015 to 8.8 percent in 2016
Blasting aerosol into the sky to cool the planet might lead to drought and hurricanes
Drought in the south, hurricanes in the north
How the Zombie Fungus Takes Over Ants’ Bodies to Control Their Minds
The infamous parasite’s methods are more complex and more sinister than anyone suspected.
Guitarist Marc Stone to lead all-star New Orleans tribute to George Harrison's 'All Things Must Pass'
Local blues and roots music guitarist Marc Stone has taken part in elaborate tributes to three classic 1970s albums: Derek & the Dominos’ “Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs,” The
Proposal on the Arden stage in touching 'Tones'
There was a real-life proposal on stage at the Arden Theatre Company on Saturday night ... and it was somehow appropriate.
The first English translation of the 'Odyssey' by a woman was done by a Penn professor
The translation by classics scholar Emily Wilson is fresh, moving, direct, and rhythmic. She'll be at the Penn Book Center on Monday to talk and read.
Mike Daisey at Philadelphia Theatre Company: Trump, Nazis, and … journalism, R.I.P.
In "This Is Not Normal," controversial writer, monologist, and actor Mike Daisey explores our divided times, what he sees as the Trump debacle, and the creep of fascism.
Jason Fagone on the 'Woman Who Smashed Codes'
Jason Fagone's book "The Woman Who Smashed Codes" tells of Elizebeth Friedman, who helped invent the science of modern cryptography, and whose work was instrumental in breaking
'Wrestling Jerusalem' at Phila. Theatre Company: A city, a land, and our fragments
"Wrestling Jerusalem," at the Philadelphia Theatre Company through Nov. 5, is 80 thoughtful, often passionate minutes, a one-man channeling of 17 viewpoints of Jerusalem, Israel,
PlayPenn announces new general manager
PlayPenn, the play development outfit on South Broad, has a new general manager in theater artist and arts administrator Erin Reed. PlayPenn also announced other additions to its
- Murder suspect on the run for nearly 2 months found hiding in Bessemer attic
- Chicago cop faces discipline for insensitive, threatening posts on Facebook
- Hugging your uncle at Thanksgiving dinner? Girl Scouts say, ‘Stop it!’
- 'The Man Who Invented Christmas' brings welcome holiday cheer
- Baltimore County teachers protest discipline problems in schools
- Sentencing pushed back for Aurora shop owner who sold synthetic marijuana to teen before fatal crash
- Trump's name is coming off his SoHo hotel as politics weigh on president's brand
- DJ Khaled teaches his son to love every day
- 'Coco' review: Disney and Pixar set out a Mexican feast
- Sexual predators, unite: Trump says forget the accusers. Moore should be a senator
- Why DISH viewers in N.J. won't see Los Angeles Chargers-Dallas Cowboys, Alabama-Auburn games on CBS
- What's new at the beach: OWA welcomes Wahlburgers
- Man, 60, dead in Bessemer shooting; police say killing appears justifiable
- Roy Moore backers giving thanks for Donald Trump
- All Things For You home decorating resale business relocates to huge Ohio City storefront (photos)
- Holiday Arts Guide 2017: This year, treat yourself to Cleveland's best classical music and dance
- Do you watch reality TV?
- 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' is an enthralling character study in loss (review)
- Radio talk-show host Munch Bishop to have beer named after him
- Woman says unknown person signed her up for opiate addiction program: Mayfield Village Police Blotter