Uber hit with new lawsuit by female passengers alleging rape
Two women allege the ride-hailing company hasn't done enough to protect riders from sexual assault by drivers.
N.J.'s most powerful to converge on Atlantic City to close door on Christie era
State priorities will be discussed by day. But it's the event's nightlife where deals are more likely to be made.
The hospital let him ‘simply walk out,’ lawsuit says. Hours later, 3 were dead
The estates of three alleged murder victims in Ohio have filed a wrongful death lawsuit alleging that a hospital wrongfully discharged.
Moore dismisses allegations in story, says lawsuit to come
Senate nominee Roy Moore called a report carrying allegations he had sexual contact with a teen girl "fake news" and said a lawsuit would be filed in response.
The GOP's High-Risk Move to Whack Obamacare in Its Tax Bill
Republican senators will scrap the Affordable Care Act’s individual insurance mandate as part of their proposal, jeopardizing delicate negotiations for the chance at a double
How the Zombie Fungus Takes Over Ants’ Bodies to Control Their Minds
The infamous parasite’s methods are more complex and more sinister than anyone suspected.
Reflections of an Affirmative-Action Baby
White men from fancy schools advanced quickly at the New Republic. Asking how much of their success was due to race, gender, and class would have meant asking the same of myself.
Report: Maryland fishermen may have made rare moonfish catch
A Maryland fishing party may have made a rare catch— a 105-pound opah, or moonfish.
Will Schools Start Lying About Attendance Rates?
States are planning to use chronic absenteeism to assess performance, but some wonder if incentives will lead administrators to manipulate the data.
Women in Tech Are Rising Higher in China Than in the U.S.
About half of American technology companies have women in top positions. In China, it’s closer to 80 percent.
- Fur trappers ask judge to throw out lawsuit aiming to block exports of bobcat pelts
- Who had the strongest handshake? Vladimir Putin and Turkey's President Erdogan knock over furniture in meeting
- The curious, controversial life of John McAfee just got way more complicated
- 'Keep coming at me guys!!!': Donald Trump Jr. meets Russia scrutiny with defiance
- Beware of binge drinking this holiday season
- There’s a Secret Way Into Monaco’s Most Elite Club
- Thanksgiving night fight at Riverchase Galleria shuts down mall 40 minutes early
- $700B defense bill affects Nevada military bases, personnel
- Rising DJ-producer Snails comes out of his shell for Las Vegas gig
- Chinese authorities investigate abuse claims at kindergarten run by U.S. company
- Macy’s Thanksgiving parade revels on amid tight security
- Strong second half carries MSU over DePaul
- Hot property: Vila’s old villa is a gem in JP
- Hollywood’s holiday fare
- Tedeschi Trucks Band moves beyond grief in grueling year
- Netflix renews 'MST3K' for new season
- No joyous holiday for Amazon as workers go on strike in Italy
- Big Tech Becomes Theresa May’s Scapegoat
- U.K. Floats Open-Ended Irish Veto to Break Brexit Impasse, Sources Say
- The Navy's shipbuilding deal is more complicated and costly than it looks