Deerfield officials weigh options as state budget talks continue
Deerfield area taxing bodies are monitoring state budget talks and preparing for any funding changes.
Gymnastics notes: Matt Krames, A.J. Jacob soar high in state finals
Libertyville senior A.J. Jacob was surprised he made the finals in the high bar. Stevenson senior Matt Krames competed through an injury.
Buffalo Grove's Nya Carr ready to contend again at state track meet
Nya Carr qualified for the Class 3A girls track state meet in the 100, 200 and long jump.
Former walk-on Jimmy Jent leaves Ohio State basketball team to focus on academics
Jent joined the program last year as a walk-on guard.
Another Alabama city's water is the subject of a lawsuit
Gadsden's Water Works last year sued over pollution in the Coosa River.
Italian Open win allows Sharapova to qualify for Wimbledon
Three tournaments into her return from a 15-month doping ban, Maria Sharapova has already gained enough rankings points to enter qualifying for Wimbledon.
Asylum seekers told to leave before Manus detention centre closes
Asylum seekers on Manus Island are told they must leave the detention centre so it can be closed.
Jail time 'not appropriate' for nurse who filmed dementia patient
A former nurse at an Adelaide public hospital is convicted over the illegal filming of a partially-clothed dementia patient who was in her care.
ICAC adjourned over Sharobeem's health as she admits doctoring receipts
The ICAC hearing into Eman Sharobeem is adjourned amid concerns for her health, as the former Australian of the Year finalist claims she faked names on invoices because she was
Op-Ed: Germany will not rush into euro area fiscal union
German and France will work to remain anchors of the euro zone, but a fiscal union is likely a distant goal.
- Fort Mill prostitution sting near NC state line nets multiple arrests
- ‘Tundra be dammed’: Beavers head north, leaving their mark on the Arctic
- When unpaid student loan bills mean you can’t work
- A dying veteran in Atlanta needed CPR. Hidden video shows his nurse laughing instead.
- Thousands flock to Detroit for Father Solanus Casey beatification Mass
- Scary 'Slaughterbots' video shows danger of autonomous killer drones
- Volleyball: Owls' season ends in 3A final loss to Northern-Calvert
- With 'so many hits,' Janet Jackson delivers pop, R&B excellence at Royal Farms Arena
- Police to clear crime scene of detective's killing in West Baltimore on Monday
- Why our passion for the great Ashes rivalry hasn't gone cold
- Boy 14, among 3 shot on Northwest, West sides Sunday
- More flights mean busy holiday week at Tucson airport
- Robert Mugabe, Zimbabwe's president for 37 years, resigning, official says
- Mel Tillis, Country Music Hall of Famer, dies at 85
- After another apology, Bill O'Neill says those wishing to return his donations should refund him
- Browns pre-game buzz on Peyton Manning, Haslams' meeting with players, Leonard Fournette and more
- Rabalais: LSU's wet, ugly victory over Tennessee felt a lot more like fight for survival
- Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette Area People in Business for Nov. 19, 2017
- The Latest: Drivers give Dale Jr. lengthy standing ovation
- Country music legend Mel Tillis dead at age 85