Netflix cuts ties with Kevin Spacey amid scandal

Saturday, 04 November 2017, 05:59:47 PM. Netflix has parted ways with “House of Cards” star Kevin Spacey and is reportedly looking for a way to kill off his villainous Frank Underwood character after a series of sexual assault allegations against the 58-year-old actor.“Netflix will not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes Kevin Spacey,” a spokesman for Netflix said in a statement sent to Variety
Netflix has parted ways with “House of Cards” star Kevin Spacey and is reportedly looking for a way to kill off his villainous Frank Underwood character after a series of sexual assault allegations against the 58-year-old actor. “Netflix will not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes Kevin Spacey,” a spokesman for Netflix said in a statement sent to Variety Magazine. In addition to parting ways with Spacey, Netflix and the show’s producers, Media Right Capital, are toying with end games for Spacey’s character, including killing him off, according to the Variety report. The video streaming giant is also canceling the release of the Gore Vidal biopic “Gore” that Spacey starred in and produced. The swift pullback came in response to reports that Spacey had sexually assaulted a 14-year-old actor, been sexually involved with another 14-year-old in 1983, and had been named by eight current and former employees of “House of Cards” in new allegations. “I feel awful for the people who were wronged while working for House of Cards,” said Beau Willimon, the show’s creator, in a statement. “The production did not inform me of the incident that occurred in Season One regarding Kevin Spacey or of any action taken as a result.” The eight new accusers, who did not disclose their identities, spoke to CNN to accuse Spacey of turning the Netflix series’ set into a “toxic” environment through what they characterized as “predatory” behavior. One of those staffers...Read more
Share this

You might also like