Allhands: Arizona should be way higher than 21st most innovative state
Arizona dropped four spots in a recent ranking of most innovative states - and it reveals a major disconnect about what makes states truly innovative.
This new satellite could produce the most accurate weather predictions yet
NASA has just sent the newest NOAA weather satellite into space. The Joint Polar Satellite System-1, or JPSS-1, will give the nation a powerful new tool for predicting natural
Phillips Exeter deans failed to report sex assault case, police said
A New Hampshire State Police investigator sought the arrests last year of two deans at Phillips Exeter Academy, one of the nation’s elite prep
Houston ZIP codes with the most handgun licenses to carry over the last year, according to the TDPS
The most recent mass shooting in Sutherland Springs has pushed the gun control debate back into the forefront of the political debate.
Rights report urges China to ban gay conversion therapy
HONG KONG (AP) - An international human rights group says China's government should stop hospitals and other medical facilities from subjecting LGBT people to conversion therapy
More oil is the answer to Alaska’s fiscal gap
Two senators' call to raise taxes on oil producers works against more investment and more revenue for state.
Russia sent dozens of wire transfers 'to finance election campaign of 2016,' report says
The wire transfers totaled more than $380,000 and were issued at the height of last year's U.S. presidential campaign.
Looking for a job? Hiring — and perks — are at local small businesses
Four out of every 10 Miami metro area entrepreneurs plan to hire more employees in the next 12 months — 23 percentage points higher than the national average, according to Bank of
State provides $4.4 million to crack down on sex trafficking and violent crime in Harris County
Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg on Monday announced state grants totaling more than $4 million toward services for victims of sex trafficking and violent crime. The Texas
Shuttle-like Dream Chaser spacecraft makes glide test flight
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A test version of the Dream Chaser, a reusable spacecraft that resembles a small space shuttle, made a successful free flight and landing in California after
- Murder suspect on the run for nearly 2 months found hiding in Bessemer attic
- Chicago cop faces discipline for insensitive, threatening posts on Facebook
- Cold War returns as Denmark builds giant tower to spy on Russia
- Tourbillon Capital, a $3.4 billion hedge fund that's been sounding the alarm about 'frothy speculation,' is suffering big losses
- Hugging your uncle at Thanksgiving dinner? Girl Scouts say, ‘Stop it!’
- 'Like a big gumbo': Immigrant communities in New Orleans reflect on their Thanksgiving traditions
- Dan Fagan: JPSO's failure to react to slain Marrero woman's screams defies all reason
- Let's Dish: Bouillababes show us how they make green curry shrimp and coconut corn grits
- Movie review: Predictable 'Roman' wastes Denzel Washington
- Album reviews: Exploring the latest soulful showcases from Sharon Jones, Mavis Staples
- Throwing away trash, recycling products about to become more expensive in Baton Rouge
- Naked man accused of carjacking in Baton Rouge motel parking lot, police say
- Former Parkview Baptist student pleads guilty to carnal knowledge of a juvenile in 2015
- Gov. John Bel Edwards: Avalanche of national sexual harassment, misconduct news 'heartbreaking'
- Bills reverse course in having Taylor start against Chiefs
- Sochi gold medalist among 4 Russians banned for doping
- Atletico beats Roma 2-0 to stay alive in Champions League
- Betting trends for Thanksgiving weekend’s college football games
- Golf tournament honors first responders from Las Vegas shooting
- Churches, agencies feed homeless in downtown Las Vegas