So, all you want for Christmas is some new Shovels & Rope? Well y'all musta been good this year, because the duo is set to drop a brand new album next week.
Premiered today by ew.com, Busted Jukebox Vol. 2 is the follow-up to, you'd never guess it, 2015's Busted Jukebox Vol. 1, which featured covers of the likes of Guns n' Roses and Elvis Costello sung by ShoRo with help from acts like Lucius and JD McPherson. This time around, some of the featured ShoRo collabs include a few from artists on the bill for next year's ShoRo-curated High Water Festival, including Concrete Blonde's "Joey," co-presented by Nicole Atkins, and Brandi Carlile with "Cleanup Hitter," a song written by Charleston's own Bill Carson. And a local makes another appearance with "The Air That I Breathe," a track from the Hollies reimagined by Indianola, Owen Beverly's most recent project.
Some 2017 High Water nods are in Busted Jukebox Vol. 2, too, like John Moreland (on Willie Nelson's "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain") and Matthew Logan Vasquez, who sings "Untitled 1," a Sigur Rós track.
With any luck, High Water 2018 attendees could be treated to special moments like this year's outstanding ShoRo-Lucius duet of Costello's "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding," off Busted Jukebox Vol. 1.
Busted Jukebox Vol. 2 hits the shelves on Fri. Dec. 8, just in time for Christmas. Listen to the whole album here now. To preorder the album, go here.
A few High Water 2018 spaces are left here. Merry Christmas!
In 'Motown,' the songs alone make this jukebox musical
REVIEW: "Motown The Musical" at the Cadillac Palace Theatre (2.5 stars)
Video: Southern's Human Jukebox gets a special shout out from pop superstar Bruno Mars
Southern University’s Human Jukebox Marching Band got a little love from Bruno Mars this weekend.
Beer Women Rock fundraiser returns to Jukebox in Cleveland
The third annual Beer Women Rock fundraiser returns to Jukebox in Cleveland's Hingetown neighborhood.
Rockin' and a rollin' on: Shovels & Rope returns to BR
The folk-rock duo Shovels & Rope might be the hardest-working band touring today.
ILLADELL is back with a message to "Take Care"
Catch ILLADELL this weekend at the Purple Buffalo
Record Store Day does Black Friday
Special releases in-store at Monster and the Vinyl Countdown
Why High Water is the best fest since 96 Wave Fest
O' Be Joyful
New Artist Spotlight: Dakota O makes a sparkling debut with 'Recluse'
Recluse EP is out now on Bandcamp
Jason Isbell and Band of Horses lead lineup for High Water Festival 2018
Pass the Peas and Low Tide Social return next year
Brave Baby drops a new single and video ahead of Charleston Arts Festival Finale
"Soothsayer" gets an official release on Friday
- Microdosing Cannabis Benefits
- Places You Have To See Before You Die
- The Best Shakeology Review 2017
- How Do Women Concern Fishing And Hunting
- Prosecutors: Manafort wrote op-ed with colleague in Russia
- Ravens notes: Rookie Tyus Bowser says he's not protesting during national anthem
- Former Anne Arundel police lab tech pleads guilty to stealing drugs from department
- Prosecutors say number of criminal cases to be dropped for reliance on indicted Baltimore gun unit rises to 125
- State expands massive homeless sweep to troubled Nimitz bike path
- Warne hangover officially dashed
- 'Quick, play Hey Jude': Paul McCartney's recurring nightmare
- Visa crackdown exposes politicians' citizenship double standard
- The worst movie ever made, explained
- Trump's former campaign manager Manafort 'wrote op-ed with colleague in Russia'
- 'I couldn't believe it was happening to us': Liberal MP on daughter's sexuality