Why you don't need to be very smart to be a good leader
Researchers found that people with IQs above a certain level tended to be less effective leaders.
Dolphins need to find answers on defense to challenge in AFC
Despite an embarrassing performance on Monday night, the Miami Dolphins remain in playoff contention in the mediocre AFC.
Prosecutors in DWI trial say waitress catapulted 60-plus yards by speeding sports car
A Charlotte man has gone on trial for a DWI-related collision that killed a Panthers fan in the wake of 2016 playoff win
Olympic sports roundup: Canadians strike gold on the path to Pyeongchang
It was a jam-packed weekend of high-performance sport around the world, including gold medals for Canadian high-performance athletes in figure skating, bobsleigh and speed skating.
Only a scientist would notice this ‘unforgivable’ flaw in ‘Stranger Things’
A curator at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences has pointed out a science flaw in ‘Stranger Things 2.’
Clash of the titans: MSU seeking reversal of fortunes in 1-2 battle
Duke's Mike Krzyzewski has won 10 of 11 meetings against Tom Izzo, which doesn't sit well with the Spartans coach.
College basketball: Season tips off Friday with these 12 area games to watch
College basketball tips off throughout the Carolinas Friday night. Here are some area matchups to watch:
Udder surprise! NC man spots horns under pool cover – look what he found.
A cow made a big splash in Catawba County after it was found in a swimming pool Wednesday morning.
North Carolina gets a D for protecting its beaches. Here’s who one group blames.
A national advocacy group gives North Carolina a “D” grade for its protection of the coast and beaches.
Baker Mayfield makes case for Heisman as others falter
Seasons turned on Saturday. Some were ruined. Others saved. A few were made. But nothing could compare to what happened in Stillwater, where Oklahoma announced itself a very real
- Dear Abby: Boyfriend in his 20s lacks driver's license
- Why wasn’t cult leader Charles Manson executed after being given the death sentence?
- California lawmakers upset that wildfire money is left out of White House’s disaster aid request
- Josh Mandel's strange Jewish journey to Trumpland from suburban Cleveland
- John Harbaugh said Ravens' prayers were answered on C.J. Mosley's ankle scare
- Look beyond the Akubra: farming isn't quaint, it's a hot bed of innovation
- Touched by an Angel star Della Reese dies aged 86
- Sacked Bulldogs coach Des Hasler sues club for contract breach
- Police: 1 man killed in Palos Heights shooting
- Trump ending temporary permits for almost 60,000 Haitians who came to U.S. after 2010 earthquake
- Federal judge permanently blocks Trump's executive order to cut funding to sanctuary cities
- Serena Williams and Alexis Ohanian's intimate wedding
- American Airlines to offer nonstop between Tucson and Charlotte, N.C.
- Conservative blogger: It's time to stop the abusers of power
- Not so fast on legalizing weed, says N.J. senate leader of black caucus
- Part of hotel evacuated after man threatened with a handgun
- Murphy weighs in on minimum wage and millionaire's tax
- Alabama's Jordan Fisher dazzles, makes top 3 on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- How do you cook a turkey? Turkey hotlines, thawing times, Thanksgiving advice and more
- TBT #17: 'Judas' #1 astounds with storytelling, beauty