The Alaska Senate quit its special session in Juneau. But the House is forcing it to continue.
The Alaska House is continuing to meet in special session, even after the Senate adjourned. That's because the House wants senators to come back and fix a constitutional problem
This week in 1975 The Summit opened for concerts and basketball
Before it housed one of the biggest megachurches in the United States, the building at 3700 Southwest Freeway was the home of landmark concerts and thrilling sporting events as the
Miami is heating up with startups. But who they are may surprise you.
The Global Entrepreneurship Monitor by Babson College shows Miamians are starting businesses at nearly twice the rate nationally. And nationally and locally, it’s not all
Phoenix Landmark condo owners fight $15,000-plus HOA assessments — and win
A group of condo owners in midtown Phoenix's Landmark Towers successfully fought an unexpected $5 million in assessments from their HOA.
Optimism abounds in advance of annual RDC gathering
The annual gathering for some of Alaska's largest industries will be held Nov. 15-16 as it usually is at the Dena'ina Civic and Convention Center in Downtown Anchorage.
Liz Smith, gossip writer who once angered Trump covering his divorce, dead at 94
Donald Trump once offered to buy the new York Daily News just to fire Liz Smith, the New York Times reported this year.
Readers write: Letters to the editor, November 13, 2017
On ANWR, the artistry of Bob Hallinen and the language of Trump.
Wasilla wrestlers show their might at Vandergaw tournament
The Warriors boasted champions in seven of the 15 weight classes to win the 13-team tournament.
Shellfish off coast of Sweden produce vast amounts of methane, researchers say
On a more helpful note, fish farts also are giving researchers and managers clues about fish distributions.
Ariel Tweto, former star of ‘Flying Wild Alaska,’ lands new show on Travel Channel
The pilot episode of True Alaska shows Tweto playing on glaciers, mining for gold and eating “Eskimo ice cream.”
- Fur trappers ask judge to throw out lawsuit aiming to block exports of bobcat pelts
- Who had the strongest handshake? Vladimir Putin and Turkey's President Erdogan knock over furniture in meeting
- The curious, controversial life of John McAfee just got way more complicated
- 'Keep coming at me guys!!!': Donald Trump Jr. meets Russia scrutiny with defiance
- Beware of binge drinking this holiday season
- Holiday Bonuses 101
- Committees looking into Russian meddling not done yet
- AP source: Flynn breaks with Trump team on Mueller probe
- Found after Burning Man festival: shoes, cameras, dentures
- This computer game comes thanks to 2 Supreme Court justices
- Cheering Zimbabweans prepare to greet country's new leader
- There’s a Secret Way Into Monaco’s Most Elite Club
- Thanksgiving night fight at Riverchase Galleria shuts down mall 40 minutes early
- $700B defense bill affects Nevada military bases, personnel
- Rising DJ-producer Snails comes out of his shell for Las Vegas gig
- Chinese authorities investigate abuse claims at kindergarten run by U.S. company
- Macy’s Thanksgiving parade revels on amid tight security
- Strong second half carries MSU over DePaul
- Hot property: Vila’s old villa is a gem in JP
- Hollywood’s holiday fare