United Nations report says better protections needed from mine water disasters
A string of mining waste disasters — some deadly — over the past decade show better protections are needed for communities downstream of massive polluted material storage sites,
WH budget director: Don’t blame feds for New York’s high taxes
WASHINGTON – President Trump’s budget director Tuesday fiercely defended the elimination of state and local tax deductibility in the federal tax overhaul, saying the White House
More 'biblical" rain coming to Texas? A leading scientist says it is almost guaranteed...
Is more 'biblical" rain coming to Texas? Experts say not to be surprised if it happens more frequently.
Zimbabwe army says 'this is not a takeover' and Mugabe safe
Zimbabwe army says 'this is not a takeover;' targeting 'criminals' around Mugabe instead.
Boulder’s Alfalfa’s Market sells to Denver investors
The founders of Boulder’s Alfalfa’s Market have sold the natural grocer to two Denver-based investors who plan to revamp the Boulder location and expand across the Front Range.
Top 1% now hold over half the world’s wealth
The global wealth imbalance is growing, a shocking new report reveals. The top 1 percent have amassed more than half of the world’s wealth and control 50.1 percent of the planet’s
Reno art instructor is Nevada’s teacher of the year
A Washoe County teacher has been named the 2018 teacher of the year by the state Department of Education, officials announced Tuesday.
Artist brings last portraits of Las Vegas shooting victims to police
Ron Moore Jr. left Ohio on Monday morning for his flight to Las Vegas with nothing more than three black-and-white portraits and a gold-plated plaque in his carry-on.
7 cases of Legionnaires’ disease tied to Las Vegas’ Rio hotel
Five months after an outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease was reported at the Rio, the number of confirmed cases of the pneumonia-like bacterial illness among guests has risen to
Phillips Exeter deans failed to report sex assault case, police said
A New Hampshire State Police investigator sought the arrests last year of two deans at Phillips Exeter Academy, one of the nation’s elite prep
- Dear Abby: Boyfriend in his 20s lacks driver's license
- Why wasn’t cult leader Charles Manson executed after being given the death sentence?
- California lawmakers upset that wildfire money is left out of White House’s disaster aid request
- Josh Mandel's strange Jewish journey to Trumpland from suburban Cleveland
- John Harbaugh said Ravens' prayers were answered on C.J. Mosley's ankle scare
- Look beyond the Akubra: farming isn't quaint, it's a hot bed of innovation
- Touched by an Angel star Della Reese dies aged 86
- Sacked Bulldogs coach Des Hasler sues club for contract breach
- Police: 1 man killed in Palos Heights shooting
- Trump ending temporary permits for almost 60,000 Haitians who came to U.S. after 2010 earthquake
- Federal judge permanently blocks Trump's executive order to cut funding to sanctuary cities
- Serena Williams and Alexis Ohanian's intimate wedding
- American Airlines to offer nonstop between Tucson and Charlotte, N.C.
- Conservative blogger: It's time to stop the abusers of power
- Not so fast on legalizing weed, says N.J. senate leader of black caucus
- Part of hotel evacuated after man threatened with a handgun
- Murphy weighs in on minimum wage and millionaire's tax
- Alabama's Jordan Fisher dazzles, makes top 3 on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- How do you cook a turkey? Turkey hotlines, thawing times, Thanksgiving advice and more
- TBT #17: 'Judas' #1 astounds with storytelling, beauty