Is Seattle's minimum wage hike costing jobs? Here's what 2 studies say
Two studies show that most $15 minimum wage workers in Seattle are making more money, but a University of Washington report shows more costs than benefits.
Ingredient in popular weed killer going on list as cancerous
Regulators in California took a pivotal step on Monday toward becoming the first state to require th...
Travel ban 3.0: What does Trump's latest ban mean for travellers?
The US Supreme Court has reinstated part of Donald Trump's travel ban. So what does it mean for travellers to the US?
Yankees' Starlin Castro hurt, leaves game: What it could mean
The second baseman appeared to hurt his right leg while running out a groundball
Here’s where the major bills stand in the Alaska Legislature right now
Wondering about the status of Alaska's operating budget and the proposed income tax? Or the legislation to restructure the Permanent Fund? Here's a quick walk-through.
Alaska business-backed group spends more than $10,000 on last-minute anti-income tax television ads
Conservative business-backed group Prosperity Alaska is spending more than $10,000 on a last-minute television ad campaign against the state House's income tax proposal.
How to fix Alaska’s fiscal problem for the long-haul (hint, it doesn’t involve draining state savings accounts)
The first rule of holes is to stop digging when you find yourself deep inside one.
State budget compromise keeps doors open, but fiscal fight remains
The capital budget, oil and gas tax subsidies, taxes and a formal structure to use some earnings from the Permanent Fund remain unresolved.
CBO: Senate GOP health care bill would leave 22 million more uninsured by 2026
The forecast issued Monday by Congress' nonpartisan budget scorekeepers also estimates the Senate measure would reduce federal spending by $321 billion by 2026.
Senate Republicans face key week as more senators waver in their support for health-care bill
Leaders hope to hold a vote this week but some key GOP senators want more time for negotiations.
- Heavy police presence remains at scene where Baltimore detective was shot
- Jamie Costello's Facebook post about Baltimore crime attracts attention
- The House just passed its big tax bill. Here's what is in it and what deductions vanish.
- House passes tax plan, advancing big cuts for corporations
- Slain Baltimore Police detective was 18-year veteran of department
- Sylvester Stallone accused of 1986 sexual assault on 16-year-old fan, denies allegations
- 'Annie' at Walnut Theatre: No leapin' lizards here
- Siemens cuts 6,900 energy-related jobs, including 1,800 in the U.S.
- Eagles benefit, this time, from NFL's unofficial criminal justice system
- Sports Tonight: Thunder not taking NBA by storm
- Why Hickenlooper wants to give some charter schools $5.5 million
- Broncos Q&A: Jamal Carter on the rise of “The U” and life as an undrafted rookie
- Denver suspends attempt to purchase Park Hill Golf Course after trust that owns it faces “unresolved lease issue”
- Denver forecast: Blustery wind and rain turning to snow, winter storm warning for mountains
- Michigan State vs. Maryland: View from other side
- Detroit News predictions: Michigan State vs. Maryland
- FCC just repealed decades-old rules blocking broadcast media mergers
- UAA’s immigration debate restores faith in young citizens
- Sometimes the best Thanksgiving dinner is one you don’t cook
- Holiday season kicks off in Detroit with tree lighting, Santa and more