Drones continue to cause problems for wildfire crews
Firefighters are encouraging people not to fly drones, as it is halting their operations to contain fires.
Having a smartphone nearby is enough to cause distraction
New research has found that just having your smartphone nearby reduces cognitive capacity and the ability to complete tasks.
Same-sex married couples can be listed as father, mother on birth certificate, Supreme Court rules
Arkansas cannot refuse to list both names of same-sex married parents on a baby’s birth certificate just because one of them is not a biological parent, the Supreme Court ruled
It can be tricky predicting return on investment for home renovations
REAL ESTATE MATTERS | Over the years, there have been studies published indicating how much an average home buyer can expect to get out of improvements made to a home. Many of
Rainbow iridescent clouds glistened over D.C. on Sunday afternoon
A rainbow painted the sky, but it had nothing to do with rain.
Sea level rise isn’t just happening, it’s getting faster
Yet another study confirms that the rate of sea level rise is increasing.
D.C.-area forecast: So refreshing to begin the week, but toasty toward the end
The week commences with some of the finest weather late June can offer.
Remnants of Cindy may send two bouts of heavy rain through D.C. on Friday and Saturday
One to two inches of rain is likely, with locally higher amounts possible.
Cindy washes ashore near Texas-Louisiana border, downgraded, but still major flood threat
Areas of flooding are possible from east Texas to West Virginia through Friday.
The grim video of a Venezuelan protester being shot on live TV
"I don’t want to say this is how justice is carried out — this can’t be left the way it is,” protesters father said.
- Heavy police presence remains at scene where Baltimore detective was shot
- Jamie Costello's Facebook post about Baltimore crime attracts attention
- The House just passed its big tax bill. Here's what is in it and what deductions vanish.
- House passes tax plan, advancing big cuts for corporations
- Slain Baltimore Police detective was 18-year veteran of department
- Man’s best friend brings love, might help you live longer
- On Hawaii's Molokai island, an 1860s leper colony draws determined travelers
- Sylvester Stallone accused of 1986 sexual assault on 16-year-old fan, denies allegations
- 'Annie' at Walnut Theatre: No leapin' lizards here
- Siemens cuts 6,900 energy-related jobs, including 1,800 in the U.S.
- Eagles benefit, this time, from NFL's unofficial criminal justice system
- Sports Tonight: Thunder not taking NBA by storm
- Why Hickenlooper wants to give some charter schools $5.5 million
- Broncos Q&A: Jamal Carter on the rise of “The U” and life as an undrafted rookie
- Denver suspends attempt to purchase Park Hill Golf Course after trust that owns it faces “unresolved lease issue”
- Denver forecast: Blustery wind and rain turning to snow, winter storm warning for mountains
- Michigan State vs. Maryland: View from other side
- Detroit News predictions: Michigan State vs. Maryland
- FCC just repealed decades-old rules blocking broadcast media mergers
- UAA’s immigration debate restores faith in young citizens