From chaos to calm at one North Philly elementary school
Kenderton illustrates much about the challenges and promise of urban education, and what the shifting sands of school reform can mean to a neighborhood. A back-to-basics approach
Rebuilding Puerto Rico and Latin America, one home at a time
Home4Home and Habitat for Humanity Puerto Rico are investing in homes for needy families in Puerto Rico and Latin America.
'SNL's' Roy Moore sketch is one big joke about Alabama being backward
There is still a very real chance - if not likelihood - that Roy Moore will be elected the next senator from Alabama. This despite The Washington Post reporting
Hillary Clinton, the Trump dossier and Uranium One (2 letters)
For over a year now, Donald Trump and his campaign have been looked at for collusion. Hillary Clinton’s campaign actually helped fund research by a former British spy into Trump’s
NASA's cargo and space trash hauler is about to become an astronaut workroom on the International Space Station
It's perhaps not the prettiest spacecraft, its barrel shape more function than form. Like a truck, it hauls cargo to the International Space Station that is unloaded by astronauts
The Orionid meteor shower starts Saturday night—here's how to live stream nature's light show
Those who can't stargaze directly don't have to miss out.
Here's how to watch this year's impressive Orionid meteor shower
Orionid meteor shower is known for producing bright meteors at a rate of 20 to 30 per hour.
How to watch the Orionid meteor shower—the remains of Halley's comet—this Sunday
The 'egalitarian' meteor shower will be visible from most places on Earth this weekend.
Kenner man found guilty of killing girlfriend's daughter, dumping her body in a ditch
A St. Charles Parish judge found a Kenner man guilty Friday of killing his longtime girlfriend's daughter and dumping her body in a St. Rose drainage ditch last year, the
Kenner man had sexually assaulted girlfriend's daughter before killing her, St. Charles prosecutor says
The man charged with murdering his longtime girlfriend's 16-year-old daughter and dumping her body in a drainage ditch last year had been sexually assaulting her before killing
- 'Keep coming at me guys!!!': Donald Trump Jr. meets Russia scrutiny with defiance
- A growing number of young Americans are leaving desk jobs to farm
- Thanksgiving night fight at Riverchase Galleria shuts down mall 40 minutes early
- Study to look at long-term health risks of playing soccer
- Fur trappers ask judge to throw out lawsuit aiming to block exports of bobcat pelts
- How England's triumph of planning created the perfect Ashes set-up
- Ex-tenant tipped state liquor agency to Dolton nightclub's troubles before Mother's Day shooting: emails
- The Oak Ridge Boys bring 'Elvira' and more seasonal fare to Mayo
- As N.J. elections go, U.S. will often follow. In 2018 it looks anti-Trump
- Boeing-Bombardier dispute offers mixed omens for new Mobile jet assembly plant
- Convicted felon charged in Mountain Brook police chase, crash
- Iron Bowl predictions from 21 AL.com staff, national writers forecast wildly close game
- Should office holiday parties be on weekends or weekdays?
- LBM: You don't become a (Viking) legend in Lakewood without some great food (and drink)
- Canal Street housing complex takes upscale turn (think $3K per month) near CBD, Mid-City
- Trump, Turkish leader discuss Syrian crisis in phone call
- ‘Christmas Carol’ updated with urban setting, diverse cast in Las Vegas — VIDEO
- Holiday shows, events and performances in Las Vegas
- 58 Las Vegas shooting victims ranged in age, jobs and hometown
- Scientific Games snaps up more shares of NYX